SnA Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 months maternity leave for ladies

5 posters

Go down

4 months maternity leave for ladies Empty 4 months maternity leave for ladies

Post by Michelle Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:39 pm

Click here for the short news article

Do you think this will affect employment for ladies? Will bosses be unwilling to employ ladies in the coming future?

What are your views on this?
Michelle
Michelle
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

4 months maternity leave for ladies Empty Re: 4 months maternity leave for ladies

Post by chin261 Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:57 am

for me as a boss point of view, i will stil employ them. cos we stil need ladies as staff. Smile
chin261
chin261
Moderators
Moderators

Male
Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-09-06

http://online.ffl-accessories.com

Back to top Go down

4 months maternity leave for ladies Empty Re: 4 months maternity leave for ladies

Post by Calis Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:42 am

Michelle wrote:Click here for the short news article

Do you think this will affect employment for ladies? Will bosses be unwilling to employ ladies in the coming future?

What are your views on this?
This will definitely affect the ladies. For those really small SMEs and tight on staffing issues, hiring part timers to cover the woman who is on 4 months' of maternity leave is a high cost, not forgetting the company has to pay the woman's salary + the part timers' salaries. Besides that, productivity of the company may be compromised as the new staff / part timer is less familiar with the scope and flow of the current projects / assignments.

However, there are several possible feasible solutions to work around the issue. One possible solution is that the employer can suggest telecommuting scheme to the woman if her job scope is not heavy and can be done mostly via e-mails, access to company's portals etc. However, this may not become a full maternity leave (no work at all) as stated by labour law.

As for whether bosses will be unwilling to employ ladies in future, I believe it will not be an absolute general trend. Many positions such as accounts, admin, HR are still dominated by ladies and are women-oriented, hence it's impossible to totally do away with female staff. Bosses however, will consider potential impacts more in-depth during the recruitment exercise.
Calis
Calis
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-09-07

https://snaclub.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by babyto0ns Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:07 pm

My boss is going to come up with a contract for any newcomers who are women to sign that

1. They're not pregnant at the point of hiring them.
2. They wun be getting pregnant in the short future.
3. Best is if unattached.
4. Have kids but CONFIRM-GUARANTEE-CHOP wun want more kids.

or hire only guys. =.="

I guess i cannot get married while i am at this company too liao! HAHA! tongue
babyto0ns
babyto0ns
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-09-08

http://www.wwwendyyy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanstar Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:23 pm

babyto0ns wrote:My boss is going to come up with a contract for any newcomers who are women to sign that

1. They're not pregnant at the point of hiring them.
2. They wun be getting pregnant in the short future.
3. Best is if unattached.
4. Have kids but CONFIRM-GUARANTEE-CHOP wun want more kids.

or hire only guys. =.="

I guess i cannot get married while i am at this company too liao! HAHA! tongue

wah. . the company so bad sia Razz Razz Razz Razz albino
Joanstar
Joanstar

Female
Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down